Saturday, August 22, 2026 --:--:--
Uncategorized

Jafar Jackson reveals Michael sequel will provide ‘more insight’ into child abuse allegations against Michael Jackson

Jafar Jackson reveals Michael sequel will provide 'more insight' into child abuse allegations against Michael Jackson

Table of Contents

A sequel to the late pop icon Michael Jackson biopic Michael Jackson could delve deeper into the pedophilia allegations against the King of Pop, his nephew Jafar Jackson says in a new interview. Jafar played the role of Michael in the film, which was commercially successful and grossed over $1 billion worldwide, but was criticized for not dealing with the biggest controversy of the late pop star’s career.

Jafar Jackson as Michael Jackson in a scene from Michael. (Glenn Wilson/Lionsgate via AP) (Lionsgate via AP)

Jafar Jackson on Michael Sequel

In a new interview with People, Jafar admitted that he has no opinion on what aspects of Michael Jackson’s later life will be portrayed in the sequel, but expressed hope that his uncle’s voice will be heard in the film.

“I think the second movie will give even more insight from his perspective, because at the end of the day, [the allegations] Jafar said, “It’s always someone else’s. It’s someone else’s story.” It’s someone else’s idea of ​​what it is, and it’s driven primarily by an agenda. And that’s really the problem we’re facing as a family, Michael’s voice is not being heard. I think that’s very, very important, especially in the final years.”

Reflecting on his expectations for the first film and its sequel, Jafar said that the first film focused on Michael’s early years to establish his personality and character. He said, “This first film focuses on Michael from his roots. You first understand who he was as a human being, because at the end of the day, that’s who he was right up until his demise in the ’90s.”

Michael Jackson accused of child sexual abuse

Michael Jackson, who died in 2009 at the age of 50, faced pedophilia allegations dating back to the 1990s. He faced allegations from several children over the years, alleging that he treated them inappropriately and molested them. Michael denied all allegations and was never found guilty in any investigation and case.

This episode does not appear in the film Michael, directed by Antoine Fuqua, which was released earlier this year. The director previously confirmed that the original version included scenes addressing the allegations, but the film was later re-edited and re-shot to eliminate its storyline in 1988, a few years before the allegations surfaced.

The biopic, written by John Logan, follows the Jackson family from their early success with Motown Records in the late 1960s to Michael’s highly successful solo career and rise to fame in the late 1980s following the release of his album Bad. Jafar, the son of Michael’s brother Jermaine Jackson, led the film alongside Colman Domingo, who played Jackson family patriarch Joe Jackson, and Nia Long who played Katherine Jackson.

A sequel to Michael is already in development. Actor Miles Teller, who played Michael’s lawyer-manager John Branca in the first film, confirmed in May that a sequel film was being planned. Earlier this month, Lionsgate head Adam Fogelson said the studio was aiming to begin production for the sequel late this year or early next year. Michael is the highest-grossing biopic of all time, grossing over $1 billion worldwide.

(with ANI input)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *